Objective: Learners will deal with the question what and which ares in Cabo Verde deserve protection and for which reason this is the case.
Learning outcomes: Learners can describe and analyse what and which areas in Cabo Verde are regarded as derserving protection
Previous knowledge: No previous knowledge required
Duration: 60 min
Materials / Conditions:
- IPad, Computer
- writing material for students (pens)
Methods / Techniques: - Description, analysis, creative thinking, assessment, individual, partner or group work is possible
Learning subject: Biodiversity / Module 2: Biodiversity and environmental protection / Level: advanced learning
Learners go to the webpage http://www.areasprotegidas.gov.cv/index.php/en/ and analyze what and which areas are indicated as deserving protection and for what reason. For this purpose, learners should be divided onto groups that each deal with a different protected area (cf. resources).
1. Go to the webpage http://www.areasprotegidas.gov.cv/index.php/en/ and analyze what and which areas are indicated as deserving protection.
2. Take notes and present you results to your classmates.
3. Discuss the effects of establishing a protected area onto humans, animals and plants.
4. Together with the entire group, discuss if you would establish further protected areas in Cabo Verde or whether you would consider some of the existing ones not to deserve protection.
Possible results / Results:
There are protected areas in Cabo Verde. Learners know these areas and why they are protected. Additionally, learners are able to assess the effects of establishing a protected area onto humans, animals and plants.
Author: Lara Marie Schmidt
Aus dem Deutschen übersetzt von Jana Prokaka